Thursday, June 19, 2008

From my head...

I've been back in STM for almost a week now.
Am aware I have not been blogging as much as usual in the past week- I guess that having to sit still makes me listen to my thoughts - something that I have not been ready to do until now.

Am still getting used to the idea of being back and adjusting to changes. Was moved to a different wing when I got back and I was reminded again how much I hate unexpected changes at times. Sure, there are blessings to being in this new room but I miss Lee Yng's company(and have I mentioned how much I HATE unexpected changes). Poor Lan Yin - she got pretty fed up of my rantings when i found out on Sunday about the room change. I pretty much drove her up the wall. *cheeky grin*

Other than the changes, I have appreciated being back together and hanging out with friends. Being able to just go out without the feeling of assignments hanging over your head is definitely a plus for this week. Having friends to just talk rubbish, have deep conversations, have coffee, or just being with them is such a blessing - one that I will not take for granted any time soon (especially after my recent conversation with a troubled friend).

Classes seems to be pretty alright so far this sem. Am taking Social Ministry, pastoral leadership and management, missiology, Hebrew, poetic books, Christology and a TEE class later on in the semester (Teaching and Preaching in Parables). Will just have to readjust back to balancing my time for church work and STM workload. I am just beginning to realise that it was just bliss to be able to concentrate on one without worrying about the other for the last couple of weeks. It was definitely less stressful not to have to change modes all the time.

Well, will have one last class tomorrow and the weekend is looming ahead with different set of challenges to face. I just hope I get used(and accept) to being back to STM soon.

No comments: