It's just one of those songs that just came to my mind today. This song was written a couple of years ago by a British songwriter, Martyn Layzell, who's affiliated with Soul Survivor UK. I first heard this song from the man himself and he shared that he wrote this song while he was here in Malaysia.
This song holds a special meaning for me as it spoke to me in one of the darkest time of my life. It took me years to get out of that darkness. On the night this song was sung, it was as if I could finally see the dawn and found hope that was lost. I remember that it took a while for the tears to wash my soul clean. While most of the lyrics spoke to me in a powerful way, the phrase 'because of Jesus, I am restored' just kept on going in my head and that truth finally broke through into my life. In the following months, many things happened as God truly restored me from the darkness and the all consuming guilt within.
There are days when I look back and wonder what would happen if I that night did not happen, if I was still wallowing in that darkness. Perhaps I would not be alive today. I'm once again struck by the awesomeness of His grace and am truly 'Lost in wonder'.
You chose the cross with every breath
The perfect life
The perfect death
You chose the cross
A crown of thorns you wore for us
And crowned us with eternal life
You chose the cross
And though Your soul was overwhelmed with pain
Obedient to death, You overcame
CHORUS
I'm lost in wonder
I'm lost in love
I'm lost in praise forevermore
Because of Jesus' unfailing love
I am forgiven, I am restored
You loosed the cords of sinfulness
And broke the chains of my disgrace
You chose the cross
Up from the grave victorious
You rose again so glorious
You chose the cross
The sorrow that surrounded You was mine
"Yet not my will but Yours be done" You cried...
CHORUS
And though Your soul was overwhelmed with pain
Obedient to death, You overcame
The sorrow that surrounded You was mine
"Yet not my will but Yours be done" You cried...
CHORUS
BRIDGE
Because of Jesus, I am restored.
This song holds a special meaning for me as it spoke to me in one of the darkest time of my life. It took me years to get out of that darkness. On the night this song was sung, it was as if I could finally see the dawn and found hope that was lost. I remember that it took a while for the tears to wash my soul clean. While most of the lyrics spoke to me in a powerful way, the phrase 'because of Jesus, I am restored' just kept on going in my head and that truth finally broke through into my life. In the following months, many things happened as God truly restored me from the darkness and the all consuming guilt within.
There are days when I look back and wonder what would happen if I that night did not happen, if I was still wallowing in that darkness. Perhaps I would not be alive today. I'm once again struck by the awesomeness of His grace and am truly 'Lost in wonder'.
You chose the cross with every breath
The perfect life
The perfect death
You chose the cross
A crown of thorns you wore for us
And crowned us with eternal life
You chose the cross
And though Your soul was overwhelmed with pain
Obedient to death, You overcame
CHORUS
I'm lost in wonder
I'm lost in love
I'm lost in praise forevermore
Because of Jesus' unfailing love
I am forgiven, I am restored
You loosed the cords of sinfulness
And broke the chains of my disgrace
You chose the cross
Up from the grave victorious
You rose again so glorious
You chose the cross
The sorrow that surrounded You was mine
"Yet not my will but Yours be done" You cried...
CHORUS
And though Your soul was overwhelmed with pain
Obedient to death, You overcame
The sorrow that surrounded You was mine
"Yet not my will but Yours be done" You cried...
CHORUS
BRIDGE
Because of Jesus, I am restored.
No comments:
Post a Comment