Friday, August 29, 2008

My Funny Father

Last week when I went for a trip with my family, I was reminded of how funny my father is. Before heading for our family vacation, we went to Camerons to pick my dad up. I was feeling rather crappy by the end of the journey and had a terrible headache and was coughing quite a storm. So I asked my dad for some panadol before we went out for dinner. Naturally, I was expecting this from my dad:


Instead, I got this:



Hahaha. If you read the label carefully, you'd realise there are ONE THOUSAND tablets in the bottle(Btw - just realised that the man on the left hand side of the pic is my dad! Didn't realised that he was there when I took the pic. *grin). The bottle was half full and I had to put it in my handbag (couldn't find anything to put the tablets in at the time and my head was really pounding) and head off to dinner. As soon as I finished eating, I brought it out and my mum and my siblings laughed till they cried when I explained why I had this humongous bottle of paracetamol with me. My father was quite amused as well.

After dinner, we went back to the house and my cough was quite bad so my dad found some cough medicine for me. He then said that he'd get me some water to down the medicine. Instead of getting a glass of water, he passed me this:


A 5 Liter mineral water bottle! My siblings just laughed and laughed and laughed. In the end, I had to find my water bottle and pour the water into it. My dad was just really funny that evening.

Looking on the bright side, all these antics reminded me of these verses:
Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

2 comments:

pearlie said...

You had my son and I laughing till our sides hurt - I hope your headache did not get worse with all the laughing! LOLOL ... the bottle of water was a classic!

rccnlj said...

:) Yeah - it was hard laughing while having a headache.. A rather painful experience. Glad that you and your son liked the story. A friend suggested posting up more stories about my dad - since there's lots to tell. *grin.