Masa el-khair (Arabic for 'good evening').
I still find myself missing my friends in Cairo. I miss speaking the language (I think my Arabic's not that rusty yet. In Hebrew class, I sometimes find myself knowing the Arabic for the particular word rather than Hebrew :p). I was just catching up with some of my friends there and I am still amazed how much I still miss them (am gratified it's a mutual thing as they tell me it's a mutual thing). It's been half a year and I wish very much that I was there at times to share their joy and their pain.
I'm so glad for my teacher who's graduated from her university recently. I told her I wish that I could celebrate her success with her - I know that the time leading to her exams was quite tough for her.
I miss my family there and I wish at times that I was still journeying alongside with them. I found out that one of my brothers there recently got attached to someone who has the same passion as him for a particular group of people. I'm just so ecstatic for him! I miss my 'moseba and mugrim' brother who's always so encouraging and so bubbly(and who loves to say 'yasalem!' [a very Egyptian expression] all the time). I think of my sister and brother(and the funny faces he used to make at me) who's back home now and remember the outings that we had together.
I'm glad for my churchmates there who write and keep me posted about how they are doing. I look forward to catching up with one of my happening friends who's traveling this summer and will only be back in October. I miss my 'zarif'(funny) pastor friend and am bewail the fact that I can't talk much with him online cos of the level of English.
To all my Cairo friends and my family- you are never very far away from my thoughts and prayers. Miss you guys very much...
No comments:
Post a Comment