Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Dear God

I cannot imagine sometimes how You can love me. When I come into Your Holy presence - I despise myself as I see what a wretched and sinful being I am.
But I praise You and thank You for all that You are. You are my Creator, Maker, Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer, Lord and King, Beginning and the End, The Great I AM, Shepherd, Lover of My Soul and My Best Friend.
Let me not forget to tremble and get on my knees(and let my heart be higher than my head). Forgive me of the times when I allow myself to become bigger than You. Forgive me too when I see the speck of dust in the eyes of others and neglect the plank in mine. May you humble me in those times.
Give me the courage to show others how much I love You.
Let me decrease that You might increase - no matter how much it hurts or how painful the refining fire is.
Never let my love for You ever EVER grow cold.
This is my prayer. Thank You for being small enough to hear me, for being close enough to feel me and for holding me whenever I start to cry. =)

No comments: