Semester 1 is officially over - the occasion was marked with a wonderful closing service yesterday. The past weeks have been rather crazy - rushing to finish assignments, preparations for exams, packing, tying up odds and ends, trying to spend whatever time left with friends who will be graduating.
As I sit here in the quiet of my church office, I'm beginning to feel the after-effects of being back for the next few weeks. I already miss the community life that I've been accustomed to for the past 5 months. I miss my friends especially (2 of which have just left me here in church about half an hour ago) and can't wait to see them again - at least I'll be seeing two of them next weekend - and am already looking forward to see them again... *SIGH*
As I look back at my time in STM, I've come to realise how much I've grown.. My life has been enriched by many friends - whom I've come to love heaps. I've learnt many lessons - in and out of class. I continually testify to God's sustaining grace - with all the hours of sleep (or rather - lack of sleep) that I keep, I'm amazed that I'm still standing and healthy. I'm amazed that I made it through the semester despite my weaknesses and struggles. On top of that, I'm amazed that I'm doing ok academically - better than I expected(then again, with the time limit that I have, I just expected to just pass my subjects). I'm amazed that I completed my assignments (I've come to realise that I have some serious mental blocks when it comes to assignments that I really need to work on or else I'm just going to die the next semester with the heavier hours).
I will sorely miss Victor the next semester. He has been a great big brother to me and to many others. I will miss the teh tarik sessions of sharing stories with him. One of the things that I'll miss most is that he usually takes me out for great Indian food and encourages me to try new Indian food stuff and patiently explaining to me about them. When we're doing our steward group duty, he gives great advice about what to do and not to do and why... I will miss his patience and understanding with me.
Dear God,
Thank You for this semester and the lessons learnt. Thank you again and again for the many friends that you've placed in my life. Thank You for Daniel, Oliver and Sherman who have blessed me tremendously with their friendship. They've taught me so much about what it means to be friends with You.
Thank You for Jacob who shows his cares and concern for me in many ways. Thank You for Victor, Gerrad, Guna and Jegan who takes me out for teh tarik sessions with them and for the stories that we share. Thank You for Silvester who brings a little bit more colour to life in STM and who is a great friend to me as we share our struggles with our assignments and encourage each other throughout semester.
Thank You for Lee Yng and Lucy- my closest girl friends in STM who I pray together with. Thank You for their support and for their sisterhood.
Thank You for the many others, though I may not know them that well, they've blessed me in many small ways and have made living in STM colourful and wonderful.
Thank You for the lecturers who have dedicated their lives to mold us. I have learnt a lot from many of them.
Thank You Thank You Thank You.
I love You heaps...
No comments:
Post a Comment