Am supposed to be doing some reflections for Christian Spirituality - but got sidetracked by this nice song by GMB "Kuberi yang terbaik"(*sigh* I have to learn to be more focused) and have decided to some reflection on it instead.
I hear many times about giving my best to God. It is preached over the pulpit - and there is so much about giving our best.
I find myself asking, what does it mean by giving my best to God... Is there a boundary? At what cost and by what and whose standard? In what form does it come? I look at my own life that seems to be full of activities and things to do. Many times I do it because I want to give my best - my best years, my talents and abilities - for God. But does if I've got lots of abilities and so little time, how do i give my best and at what cost? Is it at the cost of time with my family, my health, my studies, my rest or fun time with friends? Where does one draw the line? There is an emphasis to give more than we can afford and when one does so, it is considered an act of faith. Where is the line between faith and foolishness?
I wonder....
No comments:
Post a Comment