Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Starbucks and Used teabags, Mee Rebus and Oranges

It's been a good tiring weekend. On Sunday, it was fantastic to hang out with friends - communing in church, lunching together, discussion for Cross Gen camp, movie (X-Men rocked) and fellowship over dinner.

Yesterday was another awesome day. I'm especially glad to meet up with a dear and wise friend. I've come to realise how it's indeed good to have him and my mum around to give wise counsel. Anyways, I met up with this friend at Starbucks and had great conversation over great coffee. I was challenged by his heart for the poor and the oppressed. I still remember the story of how they were struggling with the loss of a boy in their community that they're living among and ministering to and how much he meant to them. I was amazed when he said of how terribly they are treated - even when they're given stuff... He's seen ppl give 'used teabags' and how much people are calculative when they 'help the poor'. I won't be able to blog about how much he's helping the community he's with and the struggles that he faces in detail. But his life amazes me. I appreciated his openness to share his brokeness with us. I thank God for people such as him in my life to continually challenge me.

Time passed by so swiftly when we were with him... Could have sat there for hours to listen to his stories and his life experience. Went to another friend's house for some fantastic mee rebus (there were chicken and beef!) and there was yummy barley drink...

Went to visit a friend at the hospital after that, and a friend brought oranges (which sue ann was eye-ing shamelessly) hehhe... It was good to see people in Cross Gen congregate in that room and show care and concern for a sister in Christ. :) Am glad to see how people are taking initiative to have fellowship with one another within cross gen - popiah parties get together, board game get together, ice cream get together, baking parties get together, mee rebus get togethers, etc... Am excited to see what God is doing in our midst.

No comments: