Friday, May 26, 2006

This week

I have been back in the office for a week now. It's been a long week in some ways and yet short in others. I wish that time would be slower, so I could finish the songbook and then have a good holiday with my friends in couple of week's time. On the other hand, I wish that time would fly, so I could hang out with my friends again-I miss them heaps. (heheh- what a contrary creature I am sometimes).

After being back here for a week, I've discovered that being here once a week is vastly different from being here almost everyday. I've needed to re-adjust to being in the office everyday again. I realised that I miss the greenery in STM and my friends especially. Other than my family,I don't get much interaction with friends. Everyone seems to be busy with their own life (I suppose that I'm at fault as well - the need to get this songbook done does bring out an unsociable side of me). Am also reacquanting myself with the late(r) hours I use to keep here and the frequency of which I used to stay over - more so than my own home. I'm envisioning camping out here next week so that I can finish the songbook on time. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss sports time in STM too. I've been itching to play basketball. It's been ages! Maybe I could go and practice at the sports centre upstairs - but no fun without friends.

Ok- enough with the pity party. One good side of being back is the GOOD FOOD. I'm sure that I've put on some weight since coming back home. Have been eating mum's bah kut teh and other home cooked meals, garlic cheese naan (my fav!) at Roti & Rice, I also had lunch with a colleague and was treated to lamb shanks and the works and today we had staff lunch and we had pizzas AND KFC chicken.... Seriously, how not to put on weight??? :P Added to that, I'm sitting on my butt in the office the whole day....So different from life in STM...

Another 'up' side is I do have one or two evenings to chill out with my mum to watch tv - at least got to see the season finale of American Idol. Was dissapointed that Katherine lost but I think that Taylor deserved it in the end cos he did really well for his last performance.
I've had more time to read other kinds of books. Have been reading a few short mysteries and a few christian novels. Started to read a theology book a friend recommended but am just too tired at night to read heavier stuff at the moment... Brain cannot take it on top of the other stuff that I have on my mind.

A lot of reflections have been going on - some I'm still wrestling with. Some days my head feels heavy with the thoughts that runs through my head. One thing that I was contemplating was about the importance of what I say. I have been rather bewildered by a friend's action from church this week. I'm amazed at the hurtful things that can come out from someone who professes to be a Christian - I know Christians are not perfect people - especially not me. I hope that I'm not like that and if I happen to say things that have hurt others, I hope that I have true friends who will hit me on the head when I do it. I cringe and shudder at the damages caused. My heart just weeps.

On the other hand, I'm glad for friends who speaks encouragement into my life in whatever way. Sometimes, just when the day seems as bleak as night, God sends friends who cheers me up and lift me up. Their words are like a ray of light in a bleak world and like a balm to a hurting wound.

Hmmm.... I think that's all I have to blog for now... My eyes are feeling really bleary from staring at the computer the whole day. They're screaming for a break already.

No comments: