Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gardening...

Every Thursday (today included), the whole seminary is involved in gardening from 5-6pm in the evenings. Gardening usually entails sweeping the dried leaves or cleaning up the compound. It's usually compulsory for everyone on campus (including non-residential students) and it's not a big secret that students occasionally pray for rain so that the gardening will be cancelled. Once, when it rained, one of my friends led the guys in singing 'God is so good!'. *grin*

Starting from this week onwards, I have decided to volunteer to help out a good friend doing maintenance instead(Who knows, this kind of training will come in handy when I go out into the field). Today we sorta took an old computer table and started restoring it (sawing, sand paper-ing, etc...)... I must say it is infinitely more fun and much more satisfying too! (Not to mention that it's a good excuse for not being involved in gardening). *cheeky grin

No comments: