It's been an up and down week for me. To be frank, it's been more down than up as I spend the week hovering between very sick and sick-but-on-the-brink of recovery. I hate being sick.
One of the things I hate about sickness is that it isolates. I'm not able to go out or hang out with my friends - not only because I'm feeling weak, but also kind of difficult to hang out with people when you don't want to spread your germs to others.So all the while I'm in bed, I hear laughter about me and it can get pretty miserable not to be able to participate and share in the fun.
Another thing about sickness is that it impedes one from doing things that one is normally able to do. I find this rather frustrating- especially when I have lots and lots to do anyways - and would rather be up and about. A friend advised me to just rest and not worry about work. A bit hard to do.. but it did help when I finally decided to take his advice (had no choice by then) and am thankfully much better since then.
The last thing that I hate about being sick is how it affects the physical body and finally the emotions. The worst it gets, the worse I feel - trying to be cheerful is rather difficult in such a situation. Thankfully there's the occasional 'cheering up' through online chats - where it's the probably avenue that I can still connect with the world (When I'm lucid enough).
Bear with me. These rantings have a point. As I was lying in bed yesterday, in one of my most painful moments, I came to this realisation. Sin is like sickness. It isolates us (from God). It stumbles and makes one helpless. At the same time, there is a lack of joy.
As I thought about this, I'm thankful once again for the joy that I found in Christ. Because of Jesus, I am able to have a relationship with my Father in heaven. While I am weak, He is strong. I can have joy because of Christ. He has done all of this for me and more. Once again, I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment