This weekend is almost over and it has left me with lots of food for thought and challenges personally. Several highlights:-
1. EFCM Conference- all the EFC churches in Malaysia gathered together at my church this weekend for a conference. The speaker Rev Edmund Chan was an awesome speaker. I liked the fact that he not only is he an excellent communicator, he was also theologically quite solid. Even better, he spoke with authority as he evidently internalised what he challenged the congregation with - reading the Word and praying. I was deeply encouraged by some of the things that he shared and by his life. I will try to post up some of it in the coming days (after my assignment on 'inerrancy' is completed).
2. Have been praying for a friend that the Lord seems to have placed a special burden in my heart for. There have been times when I've felt helpless and have wanted to help this friend more. Though I've not gotten any solid answers, I'm glad to see that God is answering prayers in small ways over this weekend. It's been an encouragement to me to keep on praying and keep on depending on God.
3. Managed to finally meet up with a friend that I've been playing 'cat and mouse' game for the last 3 months. Realised how much I missed hanging out with her. It was good to just catch up and encourage one another. I really loved the time where I just played on her piano and the two of just sang songs of worship together - it was lovely. Being with her always challenges me to work out my calling as I am continually molded and shaped while in seminary. God has called her to be in business while He has called me into full time ministry. I've been reminded again and again that I need to keep on letting God to work on my life- no matter how painful or difficult - so that I may be able to minister to hers. This working of God is not merely for me. It's so that He may be glorified through me too...
No comments:
Post a Comment