I was struck by this when I read this recently. When I was packing up my stuff for the end of semester(as is the seminary's requirement), I was reminded that it always amazes me (and my fellow friends at seminary) at the amount of things that we accumulate every 6 months. The usual question on our minds at the time usually is - where did all these things come from?!?!? For this semester, I've tried to leave some of my stuff in the boxes. It has worked somewhat - packing has been faster for me this sem (around 4 hours). I know a friend who needs at least a day. Oh well, will continue to strive for a simpler lifestyle next sem. :)He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I wonder
I was struck by this when I read this recently. When I was packing up my stuff for the end of semester(as is the seminary's requirement), I was reminded that it always amazes me (and my fellow friends at seminary) at the amount of things that we accumulate every 6 months. The usual question on our minds at the time usually is - where did all these things come from?!?!? For this semester, I've tried to leave some of my stuff in the boxes. It has worked somewhat - packing has been faster for me this sem (around 4 hours). I know a friend who needs at least a day. Oh well, will continue to strive for a simpler lifestyle next sem. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment