Friday, October 24, 2008

Thinking aloud

It's 12.30am and I just got home not too long ago. I've been strongly reminded of how much things there are to do in church. Had a planning meeting for Christmas earlier this evening (after crashing for two hours) which went well. These few days have made me appreciated on how much time I had in STM this year to just let God work on me. I barely seem to have time to think, much less time to breath and hear myself think or to do any sort of writing (OR reading).
Every meeting means more work, more things I have to do and sort out - especially since I'm back in the office and there are expectations to be met. At the same time, I need to allocate time to meet up with people that I can't usually meet up with during the semester. Am trying to keep a balance between building relationships and working on tasks (which seems to get more and more). So in the last two days, I feel like my original list has been expanded and doubled. In addition, I have also been asked to consider writing a theme song for the church for next year(anyone interested to co-write this with me?). Sometimes, I really really wonder if I'm going to be able cope and wonder at how I used to push myself to do it all. Somehow, I'm just going to have to find a way.
On a positive note, the email that affected me earlier this week has been sorted out today. Thanks to all who have been praying for me. I really appreciate it. In a way, it has been an encouragement to me to keep on going despite the rather monumental task ahead. I'm still learning to take His hand and trust Him more instead of pushing it away and working it out on my own. It's hard but I'm thankful that He's been patient with me and gently nudges me at times.
Oh well.. That's probably all my thoughts left for today. Need to get to sleep. Need to survive through tomorrow...

No comments: