Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thomas and Ju's Wedding recap

Thomas and Ju's wedding yesterday was quite lovely - the bride looked quite radiant and the groom looked the same as ever (with a big grin on his face). It was also good to see Marcus - the bestest cell group leader I've ever had - though his wife, Char is in Singapore due to some baby complications (their baby is due this Dec). :( Ky Vern and May was there too and I found out that they're expecting their baby some time in early Jan. We were all in the same cell group in 2000 so it was quite a nice reunion in some sense.
The ceremony actually started at 10am sharp and was over by 11-ish. Thomas' pastor from Netherlands gave the exhortation. She shared from Matt 17:20, which was also Ju's favourite verse. In a funny way, the sermon and one of the songs really spoke to me - in one of those moments where you least expect it. Was quite encouraged and comforted.
Despite the rush back and forth, am really glad I went.

No comments: