As I write this, I am wondering -how does one share 2 months worth of experience into two pages or 5 minutes!?! I have been asked to write a testimony for a newsletter, a reflection for my field ed and prepare for a 5 minute sharing on Sunday. *sigh* It sometimes seem like I have this penchant for attempting the impossible. :p
Things have been getting busier rather than slowing down in the last week. It's frustrating sometimes as I find myself not even having the time to hang out with my close friends for a teh tarik(cuppa) session as I used to last semester. I AM looking forward to next week when I'll hopefully *cross fingers* be able to rest a little bit more than my nowadays sleeping for 5-6 hours per nite. Am also hoping to be able to catch up on a pile of important personal emails that's waaaaaayyyyyyy overdue. Am seriously beginning to feel like an antisocial person with never ending work - not a particularly good feeling. :p Hopefully after clearing a few more things, the pace of things will be slower.
Other than feeling a little grumpy as I write this (possibly because I NEED MORE SLEEP). I am enjoying my lectures tremendously. Though my lecturer goes like a train sometimes (I am constantly and furiously typing out my notes in class so I don't miss anything), I am tremendously enjoying my classes on the gospel of Mark tremendously. I like the feeling of being blown away by the classes as I learn about why Mark wrote the way he did and the significance of the passages. It's been pretty cool and very very challenging.
I am still missing my friends back in Egypt though thankfully it doesn't sting as much as in the last couple of weeks since I got back. Nevertheless, I fondly remember my friends there and am challenged to continuously pray for them.
9 comments:
I am tremendously enjoying my classes on the gospel of Mark tremendously.
Sigh ... wish I were there :(
But a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do :)
true true.... He's really cool though... He reads directly from the greek bible and translates on the fly.. *respect respect*
Who's cool? You did not mention any names, did you?
Oops.. sorry - it's our temporary new lecturer - Professor Erwin Buck from Canada.
Boohoo ... you made me even sadder! I missed his TEE lectures because I had training to facilitate in Melaka when it happened. BOOHOO!!
BTW, I hope you dun mind - I tagged you :) here. Do check it out!!! ;)
now you all know what kind of crap you get from the NT lecturer in STM compared to Prof Buck...the STM NT lecturer can only read from Bibleworks....
Pearlie, no worries about the tagging... Will do it another day though... Sorry for making you sadder - but his lectures are really cool. But our budding NT scholar also quite good mah... hehehe...
kar yong a.k.a. budding scholar, STM NT lecturer's also quite good :) he only a bit rusty cos using bible works all the time.. *cheeky grin*. We think he's a great lecturer too - just not as cool as prof buck at the moment because of his rustiness.. *grin*
Pearlie,
What's worse than crap? Crappier....not garbage! Haha...
Post a Comment