Sunday, January 13, 2008

Covenant Service

Today we celebrated covenant service in STM(Seminary Theoloji Malaysia). This is one of my favourite services of the year. As we begin the semester anew and continue to prepare to be future ministers, we renew our love covenant with God. As we say this prayer to as part of our covenant renewal, it always speaks and challenges me.

We are no longer our own, but Yours.
Put us to what You will.
Rank us with whom You will.
Put us to doing, put us to suffering.
Let us be employed for You or laid aside for You.
Let us be full, let us be empty.
Let us have all things, or let us have nothing.
We freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.

I was also very blessed by our speaker Rev Tan Soo Inn, who shared his life with us. This morning, he spoke on 'Failure - The most important preparation for ministry' based on John 21:15-19. It ministered to many of us as we are challenged to be recipients and ministers of grace.
His sharing really spoke to me as I look back on my own life and how in times of my failures, God used those moments to let me see who I really am - a person in need of grace. I also see how he used those moments to teach me and mould me as I learn to submit to Him. I also see that I can thank Him for those moments because it's shaped me to be who I am today.

No comments: