My church friends in Cairo tell me that they will be away for a conference over the next few days. Each of them have different hopes for the conference and I pray that God will speak to them and minister to their needs. I will miss talking to them online.
I will be away this weekend for a STM Ipoh road trip. In a way, it's an unexpected blessing to be able to go(I was asked to go to help out with the first years) because I missed attending it in my first year due to church work. I'm also looking forward for an opportunity to spend some time with my best cousin in between. I have lots to catch up with her. :)
I have a pile of work to do before I sleep - it looks like it might be another couple of hours and I have a 4 hour theology class tomorrow. *groan* Not that I detest the class- I quite like most(if not all) of my classes this semester - it's just that I hate being tired and having a class that's going to run for that long at the same time. :p
In the last week, I find myself being VERY VERY busy. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I'm getting adjusted into the momentum of juggling everything at the same time again - work at church, studies, life in seminary, spending time with friends and family. Added to that list, is the responsibility of year rep in the EXCO(Student Body Committee member of STM) and being a social committee chairperson. Due to the fact that things are slightly delayed this year, I find myself having lots to catch up as a social committee chairperson. The first event is on 20th Feb and I've yet to get started on the event much less getting the committee together for our first meeting to plan and hand out responsibilities. On top of social committee, there is the added dimension of keeping in touch with friends in Cairo as often as I can. To my family members(read Sellim) in Egypt, if you are reading this, I will send you a guys an email soon - I've received your mails and have tried to write but so many things have been screaming for attention. Nevertheless, no matter how busy, you are all in my thoughts and prayers constantly.. I assure you that my silence does not mean that you have been forgotten.
In the midst of busy-ness, I'm thankful as I sense God's continual presence. As I continue in my journey in seminary and juggle the many facets of my life - both old and new - I sense that He is right here by my side and I'm overwhelmed by His grace and love. In times of worry and struggle, He has brought me comfort in the last few weeks. Again I realise, it's not because of me and my own strength that I keep on going - it's because of Him. I am reminded again and again to focus on Jesus in so many ways - in chapel, during quiet time, during my Sabbath, during conversations with friends, etc... Sometimes, I worry about what I cannot see - about the future and what will happen to me or my family. Again and again, I am reminded to look to Jesus in the midst of the storm. As I learn again and again to look to Him, an amazing thing seems to happen - the storm no longer matters and I no longer feel like I'm sinking. On the contrary, the struggles of life that still rages around me no longer seems to matter as much as He. I learn then that I am able keep on going on one step at a time and do what seems impossible - walking on water (or in my case, coping with everything at the same time)...
I will be away this weekend for a STM Ipoh road trip. In a way, it's an unexpected blessing to be able to go(I was asked to go to help out with the first years) because I missed attending it in my first year due to church work. I'm also looking forward for an opportunity to spend some time with my best cousin in between. I have lots to catch up with her. :)
I have a pile of work to do before I sleep - it looks like it might be another couple of hours and I have a 4 hour theology class tomorrow. *groan* Not that I detest the class- I quite like most(if not all) of my classes this semester - it's just that I hate being tired and having a class that's going to run for that long at the same time. :p
In the last week, I find myself being VERY VERY busy. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I'm getting adjusted into the momentum of juggling everything at the same time again - work at church, studies, life in seminary, spending time with friends and family. Added to that list, is the responsibility of year rep in the EXCO(Student Body Committee member of STM) and being a social committee chairperson. Due to the fact that things are slightly delayed this year, I find myself having lots to catch up as a social committee chairperson. The first event is on 20th Feb and I've yet to get started on the event much less getting the committee together for our first meeting to plan and hand out responsibilities. On top of social committee, there is the added dimension of keeping in touch with friends in Cairo as often as I can. To my family members(read Sellim) in Egypt, if you are reading this, I will send you a guys an email soon - I've received your mails and have tried to write but so many things have been screaming for attention. Nevertheless, no matter how busy, you are all in my thoughts and prayers constantly.. I assure you that my silence does not mean that you have been forgotten.
In the midst of busy-ness, I'm thankful as I sense God's continual presence. As I continue in my journey in seminary and juggle the many facets of my life - both old and new - I sense that He is right here by my side and I'm overwhelmed by His grace and love. In times of worry and struggle, He has brought me comfort in the last few weeks. Again I realise, it's not because of me and my own strength that I keep on going - it's because of Him. I am reminded again and again to focus on Jesus in so many ways - in chapel, during quiet time, during my Sabbath, during conversations with friends, etc... Sometimes, I worry about what I cannot see - about the future and what will happen to me or my family. Again and again, I am reminded to look to Jesus in the midst of the storm. As I learn again and again to look to Him, an amazing thing seems to happen - the storm no longer matters and I no longer feel like I'm sinking. On the contrary, the struggles of life that still rages around me no longer seems to matter as much as He. I learn then that I am able keep on going on one step at a time and do what seems impossible - walking on water (or in my case, coping with everything at the same time)...
No comments:
Post a Comment