Classes for the new semester begins tomorrow morning, or more accurately, in approximately 8 hours. I don't know if I've adequately prepared myself to face classes for this semester. I'm still struggling with missing Cairo though it's been 2 and a half weeks that I've been back. It's not so much the city itself that I miss. It's the people - I miss my family, I miss my friends in church and I miss my teacher. As I told one of my dear brother there today, I find myself thinking about them everyday. I spoke with one of my church friend online in Arabic yesterday and it was a very good time of conversation - and yet, I just felt very sad because of the distance between us. I miss our conversations in the microbus on the way back from church(it generally is one of the few times that we can catch up as my friend is one of the most happening people in my church in Cairo). I miss my family and wonder how my sister is keeping. I wonder how big brother and sister and their children are doing. I miss seeing and playing with thier children and hearing them saying 'Miss Ruth, this.. Miss Ruth that..."
I AM glad to be back. Don't get me wrong. It's been good to be with family and with friends here. It's been good to be able to eat Malaysian food again. I am enjoying fellowship with my different group of friends. Yet, when I am alone in my room or when I'm online talking with friends back there, I feel frustrated sometimes. I acutely feel that a part of me is missing - that I left it back with them and am not too sure how to get it back, or if I ever will. I thought that I'd be back to 'normal' by now - whatever normal used to be...
This semester I am looking forward to the some of the subjects that I'll be taking - Cross Cultural missions, Counselling, Pastoral leadership, Theology, Hebrew and studying the book of Mark. Am toying with the idea of overloading a bit more and taking an additional subject - to free up some time for next year when I have to do my thesis. Will have to see how my results are so far.
I have yet to catch up with a ton of church people - worship department meetings, my close friends, my pastors, etc... I get tired when I think about it. Again, I am reminded that I just need to continually walk closer to God - what with the struggle of missing Cairo, the additional responsibility of being an EXCO member of the student body in the seminary, catching up with church members, juggling with spending time with my family(whom I only see during weekends - my sis will also be away from home the next few months :( ) and working for the church just can feel rather overwhelming sometimes.
Yup -it's going to be interesting to see how this semester turns out. Dear God, I'm really really counting on You to see me through everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment