Tuesday, January 29, 2008

STM Ipoh Road Trip 2008

I've just arrived back today in seminary after a good weekend at Ipoh with my first year seminary friends and lecturers. This trip is a yearly event for first years in STM to visit churches of different denominations as well as to be a part of celebrating those who have completed their certificates under ITC (Ipoh Theological Centre).
I was particularly ministered to by Mr Allen's sermon (right pic- first years English Dept and some lecturers in St John's) and I think the first years did a great job in trying to bring out the message that there's more to this life than just going through the motions everyday.


I was also glad to be able to catch up with my 'best cousin'(left pic) as I've not been able to catch up with her since she came back from Singapore and joined my uncle in full time ministry. I was also glad to be able to meet up with my uncle and the rest of his family (except my cousin sister) for dinner before I headed home to PJ (centre pic above). I think it was a good trip overall as I had opportunities to interact more with some of the first year students (I found out one of them have been reading my blog and knows a lot of my church members. :p I also enjoyed my conversations with another girl who has been on the Doulos for 2 years! It was also good fun to know my one of prayer partner's sibling better).

For those who are interested, more pics of the trip may be found here.

No comments: