Sunday, March 19, 2006

Comfort from unexpected people

Have had a day and a half break from the parables assignment and thankfully I didn't dream about any assignment last nite. I feel much saner for the break and the war in my head that has been rampant in the past week has abated somewhat[though it'll probably come back after this when I start doing it again]. On Friday night, I was on the point of despair *again* and even told Daniel 'to heck with the assignment' and I was just going to hand up whatever I had in I just had - unedited and was just prepared to seriously fail the assignment. As I shared with Lee Yng on Saturday morning, it was prolly the melancholic side of me acting up - to me, it had to be a perfect assignment or just hand up 'whatever' [and it will have to be 'whatever' since I'm find myself at a loss of how to write the assignment].

It's quite funny, but throughout the weekend, I've had comforting words spoken to me about the assignment that helped me regain my sanity- from somewhat unexpected places. First of all, I had a great time of fellowship and sharing with Lee Yng in the car on the way to church and shared our struggles with the assignment. I shared a bit with her about the battles that were going on in my head- the battles that was paralysing me from moving forward in my assignment [at one point i was staring at the screen for 4 hours and just not moving anywhere].. It was comforting to know that she understood... I also appreciated the effort that she took to send me back on Saturday - so I could have some extra time to work on the parables.
Silvester also showed up on msn in between my busy moments at church and further encouraged me too and shared with me his struggles in his first year - and that though i may not see it at the moment - it apparently gets better over time.
Uncle Choon Meow was very helpful too and gave a couple of good advise which I'm planning to follow - with a little courage.

This morning, the message that Siew Li spoke about Elijah at the point of discouragement struck a chord in me. Especially the bit about feeling alone in his struggles and how God still speaks in a gentle whisper. It got me thinking that He's been sustaining me through this time with His gentle whisper on top of encouragements from different friends.

As a reflection, when all this is over, I'll probably forget what the assignment was all about - but I'll not forget the friendships and words of comfort that is helping me to go through this rough time. Thanks guys...

Father,
I know that you're teaching me so much more than the assignment at the moment. Thank You for the people that You've sent along the way to help me cope a little better.

No comments: