Friday, March 24, 2006

Redeeming Love

Finally finished reading the book -"Redeeming Love" - this morning... It was really awesome... Totally forgot Sue Ann's advice to have tissues around me when I read the book. Was just crying my heart out this morning while reading the book... Was moved to get a glimpse of how God loves us so much - despite our brokeness and ugliness and especially - our unfaithfulness..
I think I will always love the book Hosea - it speaks to me about God's redeeming love for me in a very powerful way.... Got a glimpse of how hard it was for the prophet Hosea to go after his wife when she was unfaithful to him - and how he took her back anyways...

It brings to mind the time when I'd chosen to turn away from Him(I know this probably comes as a surprise to some) and the stupid stuff I did during that period. Despite everything, He sought me back and loved me -despite me making myself as unlovable as I could... God really showed how much He loved me through my mother - who never let me go and who never gave up on me. No matter how much I lashed out at her and hurt her during that time because I couldn't believed that I was worth loving anymore, she never gave stopped showing me that she loved me- when I know that many parents would have given up on their child... Am so humbled by God's love for me everytime I remember that time of my life. God's love spoke really strongly to me through the book this morning once again...
One interesting quote that really stuck out in my head from the book was "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heaven" - Milton.

Speaking about love stories, was privileged to hear a love story(am such a sucker for these kinds of stories) of a fellow STM friend this morning as he's not the kind of person to share this with everyone. Am blessed to know him... He sorta reminds me a bit of my big bro in Australia - whom I'm very fond of... Looks like I'll be attending another wedding in August...

Dear God,
Thank You for this great day so far... Thank You for Your great love for me... You are super awesome and I love You so much...

No comments: