Saturday, April 26, 2008

Conversation of the heart

Hi...
It's been a while..
It's funny but..
Until I heard Your voice again this evening
I didn't realise how much I really really really needed to hear from You

It has not been the best of times recently
And it's been really hard to look up
Pain, confusion, chaos, sadness, guilt, bewilderment, hurt, lostness
They have been my almost constant companion
I have almost forgotten what it's like to be without them
My head hung low

Good friends bring a measure of comfort
And I am very thankful for them
For I know they come from You
Without them, the grey world would be black as night

Yet, who can compare to You?
Your words bring peace like no other
Like a balm soothing a wound
Like a cooling breeze on a scorching day
Like the quenching of a deep thirst

If only for a moment, I was lifted up
Everything else seemed to matter no longer
Listening to Your voice became everything
And it restored hope to a desolate soul

My heart was thrilled, estatic, joyful, elated when I was reminded
How great You are
How You are the God who created the great stars of the universe
How small I am in the scale of things - almost insignificant really
And yet, I matter to You in ways that I still cannot comprehend - cannot understand
I am amazed - in awe
As Your love once again becomes so tangible
How I wish I could give You more
More than this brokeness that makes me who I am
I can only love You back in all my finiteness

No comments: