Friday, April 18, 2008

What I forgot...

Sometimes things happens that makes one feel bewildered and slightly lost. The world as one knows it no longer seems familiar - everything seems upside down. What was once comforting, now seems hostile. Where does one go from there? The usual routes doesn't seem viable any longer. How does one get up and go on? The very ground that you used to stand on, once firm, now seems shaky. What you once thought you knew with certainty, now you are no longer sure.

Does anyone really care? Understand even? CAN they really? Friends and family bring whatever comfort that they can - sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Even if it does, it seems temporary.

One of my good pastor friend once told me, if you look closely, you'd realise that it's during those time when you are wandering in the desert that He works His miracles. You see Him more clearly than at any other time.

In chapel today, one of my prayer partner, Lucy, chose this song, "Allah Mengerti, Allah Peduli." (God understands, He cares). Felt like I was hit hard with this truth. This morning in theology class, I was reminded again of how we ARE significant to God. Where things no longer make sense, the fact is, He is there. He understands and He does care - no matter how alone, how out of whack, how insignificant, how lost, how painful, how hopeless we feel. In my moment of stupidity, I forgot...

No comments: