Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tremble



Have I come too casually?
Because it seems to me
There's something I've neglected
How does one approach a Deity with informality
And still protect the Sacred?

'Cause You came and chose to wear the skin of all of us
And it's easy to forget You left a throne
And the line gets blurry all the time
Between daily and Divine and it's hard to know the difference

CHORUS
Oh, let me not forget to tremble
Oh, let me not forget to tremble
Face down on the ground do I dare
To take the liberty to stare at you
Oh, let me not
Oh, let me not forget to tremble

What a shame to think that I'd appear
Even slightly cavalier in the matter of salvation
Do I claim this gift You freely gave
As if it were mine to take with such little hesitation?

'Cause you came and stood among the very least of us
And it's easy to forget you left a throne

BRIDGE
The cradle of the grave could not contain Your Divinity
Neither can I oversimplify this love
Oh let me forget to tremble...
Oh let me forget to tremble...

No comments: