Thursday, April 03, 2008

Memories...


My sister Nicole wrote a beautiful poem entitled 'Ancient voices'. I really love the poem and it brought back many wonderful memories about the country of my heart as well as the great need there.

I miss the time and space I had there. In contrast, everything seems so busy here - one thing seems to come after another. I still miss the culture where people drop everything just to be with people- the friendly and interesting taxi drivers, the daily scenes as you walk along the streets of Cairo. I still miss the people and the friends that I've made there. It's been three months since I've been home and sometimes my time there seems like a dream. At other times, very vivid memories and faces come to mind - the language school I attended, my beloved teacher, my family members, the beautiful children, my housemates, my church members, the laughter, the adventure of each new day, the rides on the microbuses with a friend, visitation to an old lady from church - and I find myself longing to be back there once again...

No comments: