My friends at College Uni Group never fail to amaze me. Every Friday, as I go and help them out, it seems that there is much for me to learn from them as well.
Last Friday, we had a bible study discussion on James 2 - about how 'Actions speak louder than words'. It was also to encourage them not to show favouritism and to look beyond themselves and their cliques - and welcoming especially those on the fringes of the group and newcomers. They had a lively discussion and I was asked to summarise the bible study session. Their honesty and their openess amazed me. Though it had always been unspoken, they shared about their fears and their struggles to look beyond themselves - some profess that they don't feel like belonging, some confessed that they just have not done what they knew they were supposed to do, others shared that they feared that they will be stuck with the responsibility and do not know what to do with the person after a while. What really moved me even more was they were willing to TRY to change together. Like I told them, I think they're an amazing bunch of people. I feel privileged to be able to serve them no matter how tired I am.
I look forward to see what they are going to be up to tonite...
No comments:
Post a Comment