Thursday, April 03, 2008

Service to Remember Martin Luther King Jr

This morning we had a chapel service to remember Martin Luther King Jr's contribution. A lot of emphasis was placed on how he was an agent of change and spoke out for justice. Definitely something to challenge us as we continue following Christ.

As part of the service, we sang negro spirituals songs and I really loved the songs that my friend Lee Yng led. One of my friends said she was really moved when were singing the song Kum Ba Yah (Come By Here). I agree with her. It was really beautiful.

Personally, my favourite song was 'Let Us Break Bread Together'. Thought to put the lyrics up here:

Let us break bread together on our knees (on our knees)
Let us break bread together on our knees (on our knees)
When I fall on my knees with my face to the rising sun
O Lord have mercy on me

Let us drink wine together on our knees (on our knees)
Let us drink wine together on our knees (on our knees)
When I fall on my knees with my face to the rising sun
O Lord have mercy on me.

No comments: