I've decided to take a break from my assignment that I've been attempting to write the whole day. 'Attempting' being the operative word as I have ended up staring in the screen and blanking out most of the time. It's most distressing as I've been trying to finish this paper for a couple of weeks and am just pushing myself to finish it by the morning. *sigh*
At this rate, it might be an impossibility unless some miracle happens in the next few hours. *sigh*. I remember that in my first year, I used to wonder if I'll last these four years. Eventually, I got over that as I got used to life in seminary. However, writing this paper seems to bring out that particular ugly head again. :p It doesn't help that I seem to feel tired all the time either. Last weekend has been a particular long one. This weekend looks no different either.
Positiveness has been a little bit harder to come by the last few weeks and there are stretches of days where gloominess seems to be my companion. There's the dreaded feeling of everything just stagnating. My pastor and another friend assures me that it's a phase that I just have to go through for now - and to keep on pushing to keep on going in spite of everything. It's probably because I struggle as I continue to learn to let God mould me. Some days are harder than others. Times that I have to myself to think and pray things through seems like a trial. Nevertheless, I am trying to put one foot forward after another (just like trying to keep on going on despite staring blankly at the screen :p). By His grace, i'll continue taking the next step. Guess I'll have to continue with that particular struggle and get back to that assignment too.
2 comments:
Don't worry Ruth, you are not alone! Me too are struggling!
Thanks Perng Shyang for your encouragement.. All the best to you too!
Post a Comment