I think I'm inclined to agree with pearlie - especially on this post about theology vs biblical studies. I'm doing my Mark assignment and Theology paper(which I'll have to finish by tonite by hook or by crook) at the same time. When I compare the two, the nature of abstractness of theological jargon is just a big pain. Am doing a paper on the trinity - words such as substantia, persona, homoousin, ousia, consubstantiation, subordination, etc.. - have been spinning in my poor abused head. I have great respect for the way the early fathers such as Tertullian, Origen, the Cappadocian fathers and Augustine grapple with the issue of the Trinity. On my part, I am finding the Mark assignment (despite its own sets of difficulties) more of a joy in comparison.
I am looking forward to the end of this week. Have assignments to finish and exams to study throughout the week and am worship leading again this weekend. At this rate, I can't wait for my much needed vacation to Phuket with my girl friends next week!
4 comments:
Now you know why I do biblical studies...systematic theology is not that systematic after all...
Lols... quite true also.. *sigh another three more semesters of theology. :p
I'm still half way, don't know whether systematic theology or biblical studies should be my focus... Actually, I love both!
go for biblical studies first. that gives you a good foundation. once foundation is laid, you an move on to other disciplines.
Post a Comment