Last night we had a speaker, Michael William from FES on Hinduism in CUG. I must say that he was pretty good and flexible (and patient!) in sharing with the college group people. One thing I really appreciate about the college group is that they really have a lot of questions to ask about a topic that they don't know - and they are not afraid to ask it... This means that in the course of teaching them, the facilitator has just got to be prepared for detours. *grin
I learnt a few new things from last nite. Most of all, I appreciated the speaker's caution at the end of the sharing. He gently cautioned the college group that while we learn about hinduism, it should not be a point for the group to get puffed up with the new knowledge and to criticize the people of other faiths. Rather, it should serve as a reminder for us to love others and to understand where they come from. It strongly brought to mind about a talk that we had on Islam in STM last year and the impact it had on my life thereafter.
Galatians 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
I learnt a few new things from last nite. Most of all, I appreciated the speaker's caution at the end of the sharing. He gently cautioned the college group that while we learn about hinduism, it should not be a point for the group to get puffed up with the new knowledge and to criticize the people of other faiths. Rather, it should serve as a reminder for us to love others and to understand where they come from. It strongly brought to mind about a talk that we had on Islam in STM last year and the impact it had on my life thereafter.
Galatians 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
No comments:
Post a Comment