Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Important rather than the urgent

For these two weeks (until next Thursday evening at least), the world has to come to a standstill as I immerse myself in the world of assignments and exam preparations (not forgetting the usual weekend practical which I wish I could forgo for once. However, it can only be a wish as I have the responsibility of caring for the College Uni group in the absence of my supervisor as well as worship leading this Sunday).
I've just *finally* finished my thesis proposal early this morning and am now planning to throw myself at full speed into the 'cost of discipleship' in Mark and 'Trinitarian views of the east and west' till the end of the of this week. At the end of all that I'll have to simultaneously study for Hebrew, Pastoral Leadership and Mark exams. Not to mention the stack of reflections I have to do for Pastoral Counselling. I am strongly reminded at times like these how idiotical I can be when it comes to procrastination sometimes - and how I seem to "like" living on the edge. On hindsight, while I could have gotten *some* of it done earlier, I suppose that other things would not have permitted it otherwise as so many urgent things have unexpectedly cropped up in the last couple of weeks. *sigh*
In the midst of all these challenges, I find myself very tempted to let my quiet time slide - if not for the voice of one of the lecturers in my head about 'the essentialness of quiet time especially during these time for a bible school student.' Though she gently chided us about this a couple of semesters back, her voice seems to strongly resonate in my head during the times when I am about to reach for my pile of work instead of reaching for my bible. It's in this time that I learn again to practice the important rather than just the urgent. Needless to say, for now, blogging may be at a standstill until the assignments are over.

No comments: