Thursday, May 08, 2008

You can tell that students are really into their assignments when...

.... we start using our assignment topics as analogies in our conversations. :p

*in reference to my conversation with Chee Keat about our Theology assignment. He advocated the assignment on the problem of evil because of the Christological definition of power (the humbleness of Christ, his willingness to be one with us) and how that ministered to him. I counterargued that different things works differently for different people and therefore each person can do different assignments (inadvertantly referring to my assignment on Trinity - unity of Person or unity of Persons)... Swee Lang was just laughing away at our momentary banter. And we went back to our assignments...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chee Keat's topic is interesting. I did that last year and using Moltmann's idea as a way out.

Yours should be interesting too!

rccnlj said...

Hahaha. yeah... mine's interesting but getting headache already from all the thinking for the paper..

pearlie said...

May be a good thing I am not in that environment, or I'll be arguing with everyone until when the deadline comes, all I can give are arguments in my head! LOL

rccnlj said...

Pearlie - if you are with us, then we can all have fun arguing together about the assignments. It's part of relieving the stress. ;)

pearlie said...

I suppose not a lot of people will call it stress relieving! haha ... but adding onto stress instead.

For me, I'd debate it so much I will never get my assignment done, because (as I have found out) I am the kind of person that is always looking for the better idea, the better term, the better argument, the better word, there is always something better! The thing is if I have no deadlines, I will never ever complete anything!!! Oh dear, it is so true I scare myself...