Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Phuket Trip (2) - food food food

Some food pics from Phuket trip..

Lucy and I were shopping at Phuket town when one of the local ladies gave us this fruit that we've never seen before - tasted sweet and sourish(a bit like duku langsat) but the fruit is a bit furrish..

Perhaps due to lots of tourists in Phuket, there seems to be pizza shops at every corner. The pizza (mushroom, egg, ham, etc) actually tastes better than it looks. It costs cheaper than in Malaysia too.


Lucy ordered this Thai curry with rice - it tasted absolutely fantastic..

We ate at our hotel on the second nite and the deals were really great. It cost less than RM16 for the fish and stuff. The food was really wonderful as well.

Liza was really keen on getting this Thai salad (it's sourish with papaya and raw crab and stuff) since we arrived. Much to the amusement of the ladies at our friends at the massage parlour AND the three of us, she finally found one a few doors away after searching high and low.

Another kind of thai salad. Tasted sourish and spicy too. Not too bad...

Pad Thai - a Thai specialty. It's noodles with eggs and beansprouts. Tasted a bit like our mamak mee goreng.

Phuket's version of pancake with chocolate and honey. Was really nice.. It's actually a bit like roti canai with chocolate and honey on top.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you all must be putting up on weight! Haha!

rccnlj said...

perng shyang:
hahahaha- i don't think so... we did a lot of exercise - walking, swimming, etc... Hence the need for food. *grin

pearlie said...

Wasn't much of a food trip when I was last there - how come?

rccnlj said...

Pearlie: Maybe it's the company..hehehe... My friends and I love food - so it just 'happened' for us. ;)

pearlie said...

To me, food is the company. With good company, food is just the side dish ;)

Hmm ... why is it now I am beginning to see why Jesus said what he said in John 4:34. I was grappling with the whole morning yesterday. Interesting ... which further confirmed what I blogged yesterday ;)