These are the last food pics of our Phuket trip that I'll be posting... On the last day that we were there, we managed to hire a taxi driver to take us around for the day and to then drive us to the airport. Just before we went to the airport, we wanted to go for lunch and asked the driver for some suggestions. He asked us what we had in mind and to his surprise we told him, "definitely not the restaurants that tourist go to. We want to go where local people go and eat." He asked us our budget and we told him less than 50 baht per person. At this, his eyes widened and he scrounge his face and thought of where he could possibily bring us. To our delight, he brought us to a local food court..
It was an interesting experience as the food sellers had to struggle to understand what we were asking them and vice versa - but we managed to order our food. Liza had more of her favourite Thai salad on top of Pad Thai. I had a really nice belacan fried rice -which the lady at the stall kept on warning me that it was very spicy. I really loved it. :) Below are the pics of some other interesting stuff at the food court..
It was an interesting experience as the food sellers had to struggle to understand what we were asking them and vice versa - but we managed to order our food. Liza had more of her favourite Thai salad on top of Pad Thai. I had a really nice belacan fried rice -which the lady at the stall kept on warning me that it was very spicy. I really loved it. :) Below are the pics of some other interesting stuff at the food court..
Eggs being 'barbequed'
More fried deserts - similar to what we have in Malaysia - there's some pisang goreng (fried bananas) there somewhere
3 comments:
With all the amount of food intake, no wonder you look as if you have...err...err...ok...I better don't say the word!
Wah ... so dai dam ... :)
Wouldn't barbequing eggs explode them? i don't know - haven't even thought of doing it even though I grew up having barbeques.
Kar Yong: YOU ARE SO TERRIBLE! Wait till i tell my gfs.. :)
Pearlie: Dunno - it seems to work.. hahaha maybe you should give you it a try. *grin
Post a Comment