I am beginning to recall why I rarely blog or go online whenever I am home. There are always heaps to do (be it voluntarily or involuntarily). One is rarely left alone in the house to 'do your own thing' unless absolutely necessary. I am reminded of how communal my family is - conversations and activities abound throughout the day. One is left alone only when sleeping. But beware - even that is interrupted if you are sleeping at the wrong time(this reads sleeping whenever others want you to be doing something else). Now that I'll be away for two months, we seem to be doing more stuff together. Everyone(including Joshua!) have been following me around when I am running around getting my things done. In between that, my whole family swaps life stories with each other. Our stories are interspersed with Joshua's stories of Korea or about Korean stuff (and his so-called 'motherland' - USA) *cheeky grin*. He seems to get along very well with mum and they were swapping missionary stories this evening - which made for an interesting conversation to listen to while I was packing my bags. My aunt from Australia is visiting us as well - which adds colour to the already 'lively' days that I've been having.
It seems to me that it is only around this time of the night when everything wounds down and one is left is some space to be quiet - to read, pray,listen to some serious music and/or blog. :D Even blogging has been rather difficult. I have a 'room mate' (one of my mum's kids) who seems to be sensitive to noise and light *sigh*. The first night she was here, I was fiddling around with my computer. The next day, she told mum she couldn't sleep and that was the end of it. I'm risking it tonight because I have much to write and I'll be leaving tomorrow night. Anyways, I think mum won't shell me too much for it cos I'll be leaving tomorrow night. Hehehe.
Anyways, it has been a rather overwhelming day for me today. Overwhelming in a very good way. My friend's prophecy came true and I received more than sufficient support from my church members financially for my trip. I'm so grateful for my friends from the young adults group who was very supportive as well as other church members who contributed generously. I am overwhelmed because I never realised that I was that significant to them that they would be so supportive and concerned. There have been quite a few unexpected contributions from unexpected people and I was really touched. Quite a few have told me to inform them if I do not have enough. I was really blown away by their offers. One of my young people who is studying overseas and one of my musicians apparently told his mum that whatever ministry that I'm involved in is always worth supporting. For a moment I was stunned. I was rather humbled and moved - and felt all the more the significance of the role that I've been playing in the church. Sure, there were times that I've wondered if I had any impact on the church cos it can be a thankless job at times but I guess I kept on going because I love the church people, I enjoy doing it as well as my ingrained training from young to just be faithful in doing what God has called me to do. Several leaders of the church prayed for me after the service and I was encouraged to see my family and many of my friends joining the prayer. I felt very affirmed as the leaders prayed and treated me as if I was their daughter. I will miss them and the church during the months that I am away.
I have also been overwhelmed because I've been receiving SMS-es and phone calls throughout the day and during the past week from STM friends, church friends and family to encourage me for my upcoming trip. One of my young church friend who's studying overseas even telephoned me on my mobile an hour ago from Australia to just pray for me. I've even received emails from one or two of my lecturers from STM in the last two days. LKY gave me a book to read whilst I am overseas- which I'm really looking forward to dig into. Uncle Lawrence also SMS-ed me to check if I was doing ok overall. My dad came down unexpectedly from Camerons and bought me my early birthday cake (he bought strawberry cheesecake from La Manilla. Joshua really loved it. It was really funny to watch his reaction) - since I'll be celebrating my birthday this year in Egypt.The only thing that marred the celebration was the absence of my sister. I wished she was around. My prayer partners has also been constantly checking on me via SMS to ask me how I'm doing in the past week. Chin Ying also sent me the birthday book that they all compiled.
I am very overwhelmed. I feel so blessed. There has been so many moments throughout the day when I have just felt like crying with gratitude (I can imagine LKY and EJ saying that I'm so 'emo' when they read this. hehehe). I am so thankful to God -especially in light of all that has been happening in the last month. He has indeed been my comfort, hope, strength and refuge. I recall the many arguments and struggles with Him in the last few weeks - the doubts, fears and tears. I'm so humbled by His faithfulness and the love everyone has shown. My heart cannot help but keep on saying 'Thank You God. You are so great and awesome!'
No comments:
Post a Comment