Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Trip preparation list...


Occasionally, when things just gets really crazy and there's heaps of things to do, an ingrained habit by my mum comes to the fore - making a list. It used to drive me crazy whenever she asked me to bring out a pen and paper to make a list but as I look back, it has certainly come in handy so that I don't miss out things.

Things to do before going for the trip (by 26th October):
1. Look for and purchase medical and travel insurance
2. Getting innoculations on the list provided
3. Shopping for adequate clothes
4. Get visa from Egyptian embassy
5. Prepare and send out prayer newsletter
6. Pack up room in STM
7. Pack up my room at home
8. Activate roaming services on my handphone
9. Fix my handphone
10. Back up the stuff on my computer
11. Learn Arabic words on list provided
12. Meet up with Andy
13. Meet up with Ps Elisha
14. Go out with Tim and Jon for a nice meal
15. Meet up with Sue Ann
16. Figure out which books and other stuff that I want to really carry along for my trip
17. Buy a few light-to-carry Malaysian stuff that I can give away as gifts
18. Settle all worship ministry matters :p
19. Call Tuaku (argh - almost forgot! I'll be so dead otherwise)
20. Collate the info on prayer newsletter

Hmmm... haven't included exams and assignments. aiyoh (so much to do in so little time)....

2 comments:

Kar Yong said...

Don't forget to add this to your list:
1) exchange some USD to bring along to Cairo so that you can change them into Egyptian pounds. Egyptian currency is not traded outside the country, if I am not mistaken.
2) Make contact of all your friends' friends in Cairo
3) Might be cheaper for you to buy a local sim card in Cairo
4) Your camera!!!
5) Blog and blog and blog before you leave if you wish to keep to the 42% increase in # of posts for 2007!

rccnlj said...

Thanks for your help.. :D hahahha - will try to blog...
Now have to add one more to the list.. Eating Haagen dazs Ice Cream before leaving..