The next few days will be rather crazy settling all the stuff for the upcoming trip. I attended orientation today and was given some food for thought. I realise that I have been just rather preoccupied with stuff that I've not been able to give much thought to the trip. There seems to be so much to do - the only thing that has been settled is my airplane ticket and orientation. *sigh* All the other things on my list are yet to be completed and there's still the issue of finance - which I'm continually trusting the Lord for.
I must say that the orientation today helped a lot and I'm thankful for Aunty Gim who was very supportive and understanding. I'm thankful that my future team mates has been praying for me. Elaine (one of my favourite OM people), gave me some of her Egyptian pounds and I was really touched by her unexpected generous gesture.
I must say that the orientation today helped a lot and I'm thankful for Aunty Gim who was very supportive and understanding. I'm thankful that my future team mates has been praying for me. Elaine (one of my favourite OM people), gave me some of her Egyptian pounds and I was really touched by her unexpected generous gesture.
I was also rather thankful that Lai Kit came over to pray for me on Sunday when she came over to my house. Sometimes it feels like a lonely endeavour - going for this trip. However, when she prayed for me, I felt really supported. The ppl in church has also been rather wonderful-some of them gave generously and there were one or two unexpected ones as well (which was a rather lovely surprise). I've also been quite moved by the fact that ppl like Tim has volunteered to come see me off at the airport. Josh also said that he wanted to send me off as well (though he doesn't have to)- instead of going to JB. All these have really help to uplift my spirits.
Thank You Lord for rest, for friends, for your guidance, for journeying with me. Thank You for everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment