Monday, October 01, 2007

Vui Kian and Li Ming's Wedding

Attended Vui Kian and Li Ming's wedding yesterday... It was pretty good - worth the rushing down and back again (and being pretty exhausted as a result). Was super glad to be there to celebrate the special occasion with the happy couple - even though could only steal a few precious minutes to talk with them. Li Ming lamented that we couldn't talk for longer (She and Vui Kian also has been living really busy lives - they were going back to work today)...
I caught up with heaps of friends that I've lost contact with in the last couple of years. Met Sarah Wong, who's now a vet and work 60 hours a week. Met Darryl Foo, who's working as a businessman (despite his engineering degree) he's still the same old Darryl - ever helpful and just adorable. Met up with Li Min (who sorta disappeared off the ends of the earth and suddenly appeared). She's apparently been immersed in the hospital in the last 5-6 years and is now specialising on infectious disease. Met Chris Quek and gang (who, I will happily be meeting up again in Penang). Also met up with Janice Tan (one of my 'follow-uppees'). She's apparently now based in Dubai and will hopefully be able to meet up with her when I'm in Egypt!! Lastly, I was just really glad to see Vanessa San there. She's now a practicing psychologist in Singapore. I must go and visit her again. Met up with Andrew Chen and family. His son James was so adorable (he kept on pulling Chris' ears)... Hehehe... Mavis, Faye, ZY, Jocelyn, Aunty Marrilyn, Stewart Rae and wife, Yung Khan and Brenda, Seline, Gideon and wife, Simon Ng and wife were all there...


A few thoughts:
1. Everyone looks the same as ever (as if we have barely aged in the last five years - must be the blessing of being an Asian)
2. Everyone's really really busy and working crazy hours (most of them seriously work around the clock). In the midst of all that busy-ness I wonder how they have sustained their spiritual life and how it has changed since Melbourne Uni days? How have they learned to balance work and ministry? These group of ppl were one of the most vibrant group that I knew - I wonder how much things have changed with the pressure of work.
3. There were lots and lots of doctors around (not surprising considering that Vui Kian is one) - which just felt really weird cos everyone were rushing off at the end so that they could go back to work - never seen the hall cleared up so fast.

No comments: